Junior Network Engineer - Permanent
Delt currently have the following position available.
The role of Junior Network Engineer provides 2nd Line Support in a complex, multi-site and diverse organisation, with multiple client requirements from both local government and health sectors. Working as part of the Infrastructure and Operations Department, you will be responsible for predominantly BAU activities, including maintenance and incidents on our corporate WAN and LAN. Working within the Infrastructure BAU Team, you will be responsible for daily maintenance tasks, and incident investigation and resolution, ensuring that the delivery of Delt’s contractual SLA metrics are exceeded.
You will have technical skills to assist our customers in maximising their experience of the ICT solution we provide and support. Be able to think outside the box to offer solutions to diverse challenges faced across the local government and health customers.
To make the most of this role, you will have the ability to mentor more junior staff in technical situations, encouraging their career development, and provide guidance and support as they learn new technologies.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5 GCSE Grade A*-C to include English, Maths or relevant work experience.
- ITIL Foundation or a commitment to study.
- A full UK driving licence
Technical Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of working with Cisco switching and routing in a commercial environment.
- Experience of managing firewalls in a commercial environment. ( Checkpoint, Sonic Wall or Cisco ASA desirable )
- Knowledge of:
- Network troubleshooting
- Routing / switching / IP Addressing
- Wifi ( Cisco / Aruba / Miraki )
- Web Proxy technologies
- DNS / DHCP
- Network Security
- VPNs ( IPSec, site-to-site, remote access)
- Substantial and demonstrable experience of working in an Infrastructure role within a complex ICT environment.
- Knowledge and proven understanding of multiple ICT areas encompassing 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line support in an ITIL environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Customer focussed
- Commitment to personal and professional development
How to Apply
Should you wish to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by, explaining how you are suited to this role, which will then be passed to the recruiting manager.